Friday, April 20, 2012

LATEST NEWS FROM TANAUAN


Tomorrow is the arrival of the remains of the former Mayor now Board Member Roque A. Tiu to Tacloban from San Francisco, California USA.  Our Brgy. Captain Corazon A. De La Cruz told me that all Punong Barangays of Tanauan were asked to be present to welcome the remains of the late Mayor of Tanauan at the DZR Airport.  Earlier this afternoon, as I was told, she was going to the Municipal Hall to get here T-Shirt which the Barangay Officials will be wearing tomorrow. 

The former mayor will be missed by Tanauananons. 

To a friend, we bid you goodbye, and rest in peace.  Your journey as a politician may have abruptly ended but your deeds will never be forgotten.  

1 comment:

  1. Roque Tiu was by somewhat of a accidental meeting perhaps...or perhaps there are no mistakes? I just found out about this sadness while visiting pictures of a homeland I have not seen in 10 yrs. Yes, I am blue eyed American but know my heart is in the Philippines. Roque showed me the power of his hospitality when I was looking for advice there. We quickly became good friends and was honored to call him as such. He was Godfather to our son James Patrick Mendiola Duffey from Cabuynan. It is with sadness that I find we have lost a great soul and I shall miss seeing him in Daly City or Tanaunan when I return in April. Condolences to his family and loved ones From the Mendiola family and Duffey family. God bless and rest well friend <3

    ReplyDelete